Road Commission of Kalamazoo County (RCKC) is seeking qualified applicants for the position of ROADWAY TECHNICIAN APPRENTICE.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Perform manual labor, dig ditches for drainage, pothole repair, guardrail repair and installation, culvert repair and installation, tree trimming, brush control, load and unload tools, equipment, and materials.
- Operate trucks, trailers, and related equipment.
- Operate heavy-duty trucks with snowplows, underbody blades, sand, and salt spreaders to remove ice and snow accumulation from roadways.
- Hauls and dumps material.
- Utilize proper load/unload and securing procedures when transporting equipment as described in operator’s manual, Michigan Department of Transportation (MDOT) regulations, and or/as directed.
- Track and record materials, supplies, time, and equipment used for each work project
- Perform traffic regulating according to the Michigan Manual of Uniform Traffic Devices (MMUTCD).
- Complete Daily Vehicle Condition Report (VCR) detailing condition of vehicle and promptly report any issues.
- Maintain/clean assigned vehicle or equipment.
- Abide by all RCKC Safety Manual and Safety regulations as applicable.
- Follow Appendix A of the Apprenticeship – Work Process Schedule and related instruction as outlined
- Hourly $24.84 - $27.09 (Non-Exempt)
HIGHLIGH HIGHLIGHTED BENEFITS:
- Health and dental insurance that starts on your first day
- Defined benefit pension
- 10 paid holidays
- Paid vacation and sick leave
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Short-term disability
- Life insurance
Winter schedule: Monday through Friday, 7:30 AM to 4:00 PM with potential for overtime.
Summer schedule: Monday through Thursday, 6:30 AM to 5:00 PM with potential for overtime (subject to change). Hours may vary and subject to call 24 hours a day for emergency and/or weather conditions.
- A high school diploma/GED, Commercial Driver License (see below)
- One (1) year of experience in construction or related field, truck driving and customer service.
- A valid Driver License and the ability to obtain a valid Commercial Drive License Group A with Air Brake
Please send resume for the Roadway Technician Apprentice to firstname.lastname@example.org or USPS to the RCKC 3801 East Kilgore Road, Kalamazoo, MI 49001. Candidates requiring confidentiality should so indicate. Please no phone call position inquiries. Resumes will be accepted until position is filled.
See below for full job description