Road Commission of Kalamazoo County (RCKC) is seeking qualified applicants for the position of PROJECT ENGINEER.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Reviews preliminary and final construction plans submitted by developers for proposed to ensurecompliance with road commission policies and standards.
- Discusses deficient plans and makes recommendations for approval or denial with County Engineer,developers, and contractors, to bring plans into compliance. Conducts field inspections as part of thereview process.
- Inspects plat development projects in progress and confers with the developer and contractors toensure that construction is in compliance with approved plans.
- Inspects for compliance with the Soil Erosion and Sedimentation Control (SESC) Act.
- Responds to request for information from property owners, surveyors, developers, contractors anddepartment staff that require a search of records and files such as the location of right-of-way, propertyboundaries, government section corners and utility locations.
- Performs fieldwork as a construction inspector inspecting asphalt and concrete paving, storm sewerconstruction and as a surveyor, inspects construction layout, drainage correction projects, and thegathering of field information using survey equipment.
- Designs construction projects such as culvert replacement, bridges, storm sewer systems and roadrepair projects.
- Administers construction projects using contractor payment software to document projects and todevelop payment invoices to contractor.
- Hourly $36.52 - $43.83 (Non-Exempt)
HIGHLIGHTED BENEFITS INCLUDE:
- Health and dental insurance that starts on your first day
- Pension is 100% paid by RCKC
- 10 paid holidays
- Paid vacation and sick leave
- Tuition reimbursement
- Short-term disability
- Life insurance
Winter schedule: Monday through Friday, 7:30 AM to 4:00 PM with potential for overtime.
Summer schedule: Monday through Thursday, 6:30 AM to 5:00 PM with potential for overtime (subject to change).
Education: Possession of a Bachelor Degree in an engineering related field. Maintain a Professional Engineer License or objective to achieve .
Preferred Experience: Minimum of two years of design, survey, traffic, road construction, road maintenance and inspection experience.
Other Requirements: Computer skills including Microsoft Office, Outlook, AutoCAD, ArcView GIS, FieldManager, customer service, possession of a valid driver's license. Strong organizational, planning, customer service and communication skills. Successful completion of FieldManager, Soil Erosion and Stormwater training courses. Qualified as a certified Michigan Department of Transportation inspector.
Please send resume for Project Engineer to email@example.com or USPS to the Road Commission of Kalamazoo County, 3801 East Kilgore Road, Kalamazoo, MI 49001. Candidates requiring confidentiality should so indicate. Please no phone call position inquires. Resumes will be accepted for position until filled.
See below for full job description.