Road Commission of Kalamazoo County (RCKC) is seeking qualified applicants for the position of SEASONAL WINTER HEAVY TRUCK – ROAD MAINTENANCE OPERATOR.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Perform manual labor, dig ditches for drainage, pothole repair, guardrail repair and installation, culvertrepair and installation, tree trimming, brush control, load and unload tools, equipment, and materials.
- Operate trucks, trailers, and related equipment.
- Operate heavy-duty trucks with snowplows, underbody blades, sand, and salt spreaders to remove iceand snow accumulation from roadways.
- Hauls and dumps material.
- Utilize proper load/unload and securing procedures when transporting equipment as described inoperator’s manual, Michigan Department of Transportation (MDOT) regulations, and or/as directed.
- Track and record materials, supplies, time, and equipment used for each work project
- Perform traffic regulating according to the Michigan Manual of Uniform Traffic Devices (MMUTCD).
- Complete Daily Vehicle Condition Report (VCR) detailing condition of vehicle and promptly report anyissues.
- Maintain/clean assigned vehicle or equipment.
- Abide by all RCKC Safety Manual and Safety regulations as applicable.
- $25.00/hour – Discretionary Incentive may be available-up to $2,000
Winter schedule: Monday through Friday, 7:30 AM to 4:00 PM with potential for overtime.
Hours may vary and subject to call 24 hours a day for emergency and/or weather conditions.
- A high school diploma/GED
- One (1) year of experience in construction or related field, truck driving and customer service.
- A valid Driver License
- Must possess a Commercial Drivers License (CDL) Group A or Group B.
Please send resume for Seasonal Winter Heavy Truck – Road Maintenance Operator to: firstname.lastname@example.org ,or mail resume to: Road Commission of Kalamazoo County, 3801 East Kilgore Road, Kalamazoo, MI 49001. Please no phone call position inquiries. Candidates requiring confidentiality should so indicate.
See below for full job description.